Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Recipe Rewind: Lemongrass Tofu

When Tim has been very good, he sometimes earns Lemongrass Tofu. Ha,ha. At least, that's what I tell him.

Normally, I'm fast and furious with tofu - cutting into cubes (not even pressing the water out first), marinating in soy sauce, then tossing into whatever dish I'm making.

But lemongrass tofu is my go-to when I want to put in a bit more effort. It's still a super easy recipe! Just requires some thought ahead of time to buy the lemongrass (it's not something I usually have on hand).

This picture makes me want it, now. A hint of lemon mixed with the tang of soy sauce. It's delish, with a capitol D!

Find the recipe here.

Guten appetit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had some lemongrass sitting in the refrigerator for a while, so I tried this! We loved it, but I had just run out of sesame oil. :(
It was too salty for us, I would cut the salt down or almost out. The soy sauce was salty enough. Quite the tasty dish! Hubby said it reminded him of a fish dish. Thanks!

Laura said...

@Larky Lady- I agree. I never add salt to a dish, if soy sauce is being used. Glad you liked it. We're having it for dinner tonight!