Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Recipe Rewind: Enchiladas

This 'recipe rewind' month would not be complete without our favorite enchiladas!! (yes, that's a double exclamation point!!)

These are soooo good, I have cravings for them. TIP: I double the sauce when I make it, and freeze half for the next time. However, that's not to say the sauce it's easy to whip up, it is. But every second you can save and put to use in a more productive capacity - such as playing peek-a-boo with your 5 month old, is well worth it.

Make these for a yummy family dinner this weekend, or if you have some good friends stopping by for a casual bite. Your active cooking/prep time is only about 30 minutes. Makes enough for 5-6 adults (with a side dish).

TIP: I don't know why, but I always end up with leftover filling. No problem! I usually plan to make a plain cheese lasagna the next day and add the filling. Tastes so good! Or here's a new recipe I found for breakfast burritos. The enchilada filling would work great with those. Yum.


Findk the recipe here.

Guten appetit!

No comments: