Friday, July 31, 2009

Maryland Crab Cakes

I am so discombobulated. I missed my Tuesday recipe posting, sorry. I also haven't posted on our baby blog in about 3 weeks. Why does it seem like my to-do list never gets any shorter?

We're moved into our lovely new house, but clothes are on the floor, dishes are haphazardly put away (I want to get drawer liner before I truly put them away and organize, another to-do!), and we keep missing the basics when we go to the grocery store (like dishwasher pellets, grrr).

The recipe today is fitting, because I forgot to take a picture of the final product. But rest assured, they were de-licious. I wish I could show you how pretty they were too. Everyone raved about them and they were very, very easy. The perfect food to make after moving. You probably have most items on hand (despite having unpacked only half your boxes), minimal ingredients to get at the store, and not a lot of time required.

This was my second recipe attempt from my sister's food blog. You picked another winner C!

Lump crab meat... I'm drooling.

Mama Gs Crab Cakes
from Pennies on a Platter

2 pounds lump crab meat
1/2 stack of crackers (about 10 Ritz crackers)
2 eggs
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
Several drops of Tabasco sauce
2 tablespoons ground Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Dash of pepper
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (plus more for sprinkling)

Makin' the cakes

Mix the crab meat (after making sure there are no shells) with the crackers

Mix the remaining ingredients then pour over the crab mixture and mix together

Drop about 2 tbsp. worth of mixture on a baking sheet for each crab cake and flatten (leave about a 2 in. space between each crab cake)

Broil on low for 15 - 20 minutes (or until golden brown) - mine were done around 13 minutes and if left in longer would have burned - so make sure to watch! **You only broil on one side. No need to flip them.

Guten appetit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked them! I'll have to pass on your site to my mother-in-law (who is Mama G). :)