Thursday, July 17, 2008

Easy Fresh Salsa, by Guest Chef Skye

Well after staying with Laura in Munich for a week, she asked me (Skye, Laura's cousin) to start contributing on her food blog. I'm more of a self taught food network addict. I'm not vegetarian but I will try to post some of my tasty vegetable recipes.

After having Laura's yummy mexican casserole, I thought I would make a simple fresh salsa.

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic
1 medium red onion
1 large jalapeno seeded and de-veined
2 large tomatoes
1 lime juiced
1 handful of fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

















Note:
I had small tomatoes and jalapenos so I used double

Roughly chop the garlic, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes and cilantro. Throw it into your food processor and add the lime juice. Pulse until desired consistency and your done.

If you like chunkier salsa, pulse the jalapeno, lime juice, garlic and cilantro. Add this to finely diced tomatoes and onion and mix.

After either method, add salt and pepper to taste. It can be eaten right away but I find it best to refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors blend.

Serve with your favorite mexican food.



Enjoy =)

No comments: