Wednesday, July 9, 2008

CancerCare for Kids

I used to love bake sales at school... almost always participated. Brownies were the easiest, cookies a second, and cupcakes the most delicious but hardest to do (especially for a budding cook, in her teens).

If you miss those days, or never had the chance to participate in one, now is your chance!!


Duncan Hines is sponsoring a cupcake bake sale challenge, with all proceeds going to CancerCare for Kids. Noble cause, fun times, delicious food - doesn't get any better!

If you haven't heard of them, CancerCare for Kids provides FREE support, education and advice to parents, and counseling to children and teens to help them understand cancer. If you know someone who has had cancer, I'm sure you realize how valuable this service is.


I'm trying to think of how to do something over here... but with my total of 5 friends, I feel a little limited. I'd love to hosts a tea party, or a trivia night/bake sale, but realistically, I'm circling around the idea of baking cupcakes and selling them at tim's work - he's got some seriously sugar deprived coworkers. A euro a cupcake? I'm sure Mr. Hines wouldn't balk at accepting my euros.

AND, not as if you need further incentive as the cause is wonderful enough, you do have the opportunity to win prizes.

So, go out there and bake, bake, bake! I'll let you know what I finally decide to do, and try to get some pictures up*.

* I have very, very, very sad news. Our macbook hard-drive crashed on Sunday. Note to self, and all others in the world, back-up your hard-drive!! We'll take it to a mac shop this week, but I'm pretty darn sure we've lost all pictures from the last 4 years of our lives. I'm very sad, but Tim told me this morning that at least I still had him to look at, and he wouldn't ever crash on me. What a good husband. But if you see posts sans pictures for a while, now you know why. Boo.

Guten appetit!

No comments: