Friday, January 2, 2009

Product of the Month: Crockpot

Do you use a crockpot?


I admit, I do not. I had my grandmothers hand-me-down for a while, but I never used it and Tim kept wondering why I kept it around. I believe I kept it in part for the sentimental value, but I also have dreams (yes, dreams) of using a crockpot one day... in the not too distant future... maybe. But the dreams are there!

I think it's just a fear of the unknown. I've never used a crockpot, so it's taking the first step. Making that first recipe. The idea of a slow-cooked recipe where the spices and flavors meld, and that you simply toss together in the morning and have a fully-done meal by evening... Quite impressive.

If you crockpot, do you have any favorite recipes? Maybe I'll make 2009 the 'year of the crockpot'. (Dont hold me to that, as it's very unlikely)

If you DO crockpot though, here is an interesting recipe site where the author committed to using her crockpot every day of the year in 2008. Now that's commitment.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful 2008, and is looking forward to an even greater 2009. We have many happy days and changes awaiting Tim and I this year, and I can't wait to experience them. With, or without, a crockpot.

Some recipes from A Year of CrockPotting:
- White Bean and Pesto Spread
- Sundried Tomato and Caper Pasta Sauce
- Moroccan Lentil Soup
- Indian Curry
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Brownies in a Mug
- Crockpot Chocolate Mousse

Guten appetit!

No comments: